Sports Celebration 2024 Starts Saturday ⚽

News Time!

It’s time to share some exciting news with you all. The Sports Celebration starts TOMORROW! Saturday the 20th, for a week plus a day!

I’ve spent time with the organizing committee to record their preparation for the event. I figured I’d try writing some of these articles to keep everyone up to date on the latest news.

The Sports Celebration is an event that used to bring in parrots from other islands. We would all hang out and compete, it was how everyone stayed connected. Artie remembers those days and offered to help out! He showed us a bunch of photos from the last celebration – parrot fashion back then was very different.

Freddie is leading the organization. This ship’s captain has everything under control and keeps the chaos on track, steering us towards an epic event. Who knew that event planning was so much work? Without her work, the celebration wouldn’t have run so smoothly.

Outside of the planning room, Satchie has pulled together some artistic parrots. They’ve been designing and creating all the festive decorations, posters, and other artwork! The number of different ideas made it hard to settle on a theme, but I promise—it looks perfect.

Shadowing the team for the past week has been so amazing. There’s been some hiccups and last-minute changes to how things go. Apparently, the ping-pong tables never arrived? But we’ve got the paddles and ping pong balls, so we can just play on the Pizza Dojos tables!

See you on the field!
– Chip

Hideaway