Sneak Peek: Party Parrot RPG!

Polo Field Avatar

Hello, Party Parrots!

Are you ready to dive into some new adventures? I’m super excited to give you a sneak peek of the upcoming Party Parrot RPG! Get ready for the PPRPG! 🎉

What’s Coming?

Our team’s spent the past few months working tirelessly to bring you stories, surprises, fun, and of course… lore!

The Party Parrot RPG combines all the magic of your favorite tabletop role-playing games (like Dungeons & Dragons or Pathfinder) with the vibrant world of the party parrots.

From mysterious ruins to bustling old towns, each turn brings intrigue and surprises!

What is PPRPG?

You might be asking right now… “Is this a video game?”.

The typical answer would be ‘yes’, but in this case we’re not being typical!

PPRPG is slightly different… it’s a card-driven tabletop RPG (aka “TTRPG”.) Meaning you can play it offline without screens if you want! You’ll be able to play these adventures at home or by using a virtual tabletop app like we’re doing.

“But Polo, why aren’t you adding this to Party Parrot World the video game?”, you’re probably thinking.

We’ll do that, too! By making a tabletop RPG, we can try really crazy ideas and see what sticks. Plus I’m excited to make something I can play with my youngest child and have a system that’s simple enough for them to understand and enjoy. If you have kids, this is a game that will be simple enough for your kids to play with you!

Here's a sneak peek of some Party Parrot RPG cards!

On the video game side, we’re busily working on PPW 2.0, which will have Quests. So we’ll take the best of the ‘offline’ PPRPG Quests to build ‘online’ Quests in PPW itself.

I will share sneak peeks of PPW 2.0 later. Right now, just know that it’s a bigger build so it will take us the rest of this year to build out.

Meet the Players

In Party Parrot RPG, you’ll get to meet some of our cast of colorful characters, each with their own unique stories. Whether it’s the wise Admiral Antique or the daring Captain Clockwatcher on a quest for treasure, you’ll find friends and maybe a few foes along the way!

Here’s who will be playing each character:

• Admiral Antique – Chaileo
  • Captain Clockwatcher – Shasko
  • Roni – Leethos
  • Commander Chrona – Chilly0ne

And of course, I’ll play as the NPCs and bad guys like the Stoat Empire.

The story begins 20 years before your brave party parrot heroes arrive on Kakapo Island. It’s a prequel of sorts!

Get Involved!

To me, one of the coolest parts of the Party Parrot RPG is that YOU get to influence the game!

Starting next week, you can submit your own game cards.

You can submit art and text, then pick a few options and our system will auto-magically set powers based on your choices. These cards might feature special abilities, mysterious items, or even new characters you dream up.

Selected ideas will be featured in future gameplay sessions, and creators will get special shoutouts during our game nights!

Get the Exclusives!

For those with a paid Party Pass, you’ll get even more from Party Parrot RPG!

Each week you’ll get access to exclusive content like Discord livestreams (for 13+ supporters), a full weekly zine, and behind-the-scenes peeks that you won’t find anywhere else!

The first issue of the Party Parrot RPG Zine is coming next week! It will be available for everyone. Then future issues will be exclusive to paid supporters. Thank you for helping support the dream!

Save the Date

Don’t forget to mark your calendars! Our first episode will drop next Monday. Join us to see Party Parrot RPG in action, and maybe see your ideas come to life.

We can’t wait to share more with you soon! Keep your eyes on this blog for updates, tips, and maybe a few secrets about what’s coming next.

Remember, in the world of Party Parrot RPG, adventure is always just a card away.

Party on, adventurers!

-Polo and the Party Parrot Team

Hideaway